In an effort to respond more effectively to clients’ needs, Groupe Securi-Check now offers electronic fingerprinting services.
A Service that stands out globally
The service differs from other similar offers worldwide because of its high quality thanks to:
- A fully automated service: you will receive notifications electronically;
- An accelerated processing time thanks to the automated process;
- Online payments;
- Ability to follow the process in real time through electronic notifications;
Cases that require digital fingerprinting
Several situations might require one to have their finger prints taken. Below are some examples:
- Obtaining a certified criminal record certificate in the USA;
- Obtaining a certified criminal record certificate elsewhere in the world;
- Obtaining a certified criminal record certificate for the RCMP;
- Any requests regarding the Privacy Act request;
- Background check prior to volunteer work;
- Name change;
- For Controlled Goods Program Registration & Compliance;
- Adoption of a child(with no family history or ties) or kinship/relative adoption(with family ties);
- For a Government of Canada Security Clearance in Support of the PSPC Contract Security Program;
- Employment in the Provincial, municipal governments or private sector;
- Submission of an application for suspension of a criminal record/pardon;
- For Permanent Resident Status in Canada;
- For Canadian Citizenship;
- Application to the Department of Homeland Security to lift a ban on crossing the Canadian-US border due to past convictions(despite pardon or suspension of record);
- For Foreign Visa application.
We are proud to be a certified company by the RCMP for digital fingerprinting. Furthermore, we are on the list of firms certified by the RCMP and recommended by the Sûreté du Québec. This list can be found on the SQ website found at: www.sq.gouv.qc.ca/
This certification has been provided to us by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) to allow us to transfer digital fingerprints dossiers electronically and safely expedite multiple legal background checks.
Our fees for digital fingerprinting services is 60$ + taxes. Additional fees of 25$ without tax could be added for some special requests, like the fees tied to the RCMP, for example.
Different forms of fingerprinting
Securi-Check Services staff carry out the collection and submission of fingerprints in various ways.
It is indeed possible to take fingerprints electronically then scan and print them on a form. Even though most applicants prefer the simple and efficient digital process of fingerprinting, the traditional ink finger printing process is also available.
In fact, ink fingerprinting is still categorically required for foreign police checks and certain high-profile Canadian security services as well as in the case of individuals whose finger prints are deemed inadequate (low definition) for digital reading.
The RCMP is able to process applications from individuals with no criminal record and send the results by post within three (3) business days including any additional time for mailing by Canada Post.
However, for individuals with criminal records, the RCMP requires a time limit of 120 days in order to process the verifications.
Requirements for fingerprinting
For majority of the cases, when you go for your interview, you will be required to present 2 valid ids issued by the government, one of which must have a photograph and a signature. However depending on the reasons for the finger prints, you may be required to provide additional documents.
We are accredited by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) and recommended by the Sûreté du Québec.